The Company has adopted comprehensive systems of control and accountability as the basis for the administration of corporate governance. The Board is committed to administering the policies and procedures with openness and integrity, pursuing the true spirit of corporate governance commensurate with the Company’s needs.
To the extent applicable, the Company has adopted The Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (4th Edition) as published by ASX Corporate Governance Council (Recommendations).
In light of the Company’s size and nature, the Board considers that the current board is a cost effective and practical method of directing and managing the Company. As the Company’s activities develop in size, nature and scope, the size of the Board and the implementation of additional corporate governance policies and structures will be reviewed.
Board of directors
The Board is responsible for corporate governance of the Company. The Board develops strategies for the Company, reviews strategic objectives and monitors performance against those objectives. The goals of the corporate governance processes are to:
- maintain and increase Shareholder value;
- ensure a prudential and ethical basis for the Company’s conduct and activities; and
- ensure compliance with the Company’s legal and regulatory objectives. Consistent with these goals, the Board assumes the following responsibilities:
- developing initiatives for profit and asset growth;
- reviewing the corporate, commercial and financial performance of the Company on a regular basis;
- acting on behalf of, and being accountable to, the Shareholders; and
- identifying business risks and implementing actions to manage those risks and corporate systems to assure quality.
The Company is committed to the circulation of relevant materials to Directors in a timely manner to facilitate Directors’ participation in the Board discussions on a fully-informed basis.
Composition of the Board
Election of Board members is substantially the province of the Shareholders in general meeting. However, subject thereto, the Company is committed to the following principles:
- the Board is to comprise persons with a blend of skills, experience and attributes appropriate for the Company and its business; and
- the principal criterion for the appointment of new directors is their ability to add value to the Company and its business.
No formal nomination committee or procedures have been adopted for the identification, appointment and review of the Board membership, but an informal assessment process, facilitated by the Chairman in consultation with the Company’s professional advisors, has been committed to by the Board.
Corporate Governance Plan
Corporate Governance Statement